Wednesday, May 15, 2013

An Afternoon at the Park

I've been wanting to go to the park since the weather started getting nice. However, it is frowned upon to go to the park and then start playing with other peoples children who are already there. So, I had a dilemma until I realized the perfect plan, BORROW CHILDREN to take to the park. Before I went to Thailand I had a little 3 year old who was my best friend and it was hard to say good-by to her and her family. However, while I was in Thailand the family wrote me cards almost monthly. I am super blessed to have them in my life, so I wanted to bless them a little bit. I messaged the mom a few days ago and asked if I could borrow their children and take them to the park. We decided I would take the 2 older children while the baby was taking a nap so the mom would have some time to herself and I would have some time to play at the park with the others.

Today was the day. I picked up the children and we got their car seats in my car. We went to three parks and then to get ice cream before I took them home. It was a wonderful afternoon. I have really missed spending time with children and it was so much fun to spend a day listening to and playing along with a child's creativity. I think sometimes we get so wrapped up into our own lives we forget to take time to play and imagine and create with childlike thinking. I truly was blessed to spend time with them this afternoon. I hope that in my life I will never get too busy to take time to spend an afternoon in a child's company once in awhile.

1 comment: