Saturday, December 14, 2013

Anna


God always provides just when we need Him to. There is a couple here that I go to bible study with that the wife is from Australia and the husband is Karen. From the first time I met them they told me about their daughter Anna who is a month younger than me. She came to visit them for the month of December. For the first part of her visit they were in Burma. Then, they arrived in our village this week. From the first moment we met we were quick friends and I think we talked for 2 or 3 hours that first night and several other nights this week. She had offered to take me into Sangklaburi today to go shopping and get things I need for my house that I can’t get when I’m with other people, or haven’t had the chance to get. So, we first went to a Mon village where they sell a lot of different things from Burma and things they make by hand. I got a bottle of honey for $4, two fleece blankets for $3 each, and 4 sitting mats for my floor for $2 each among other things. We then went to a coffee shop and sat and chatted for several hours. We have so much in common, 26 years old, single, trying to do the work God has prepared for us to do. Talking with her has encouraged me that it’s ok to be single and serving God for this time in my life and that through it I can bless others and do the work He has called me to do.

After our chat we went to the Mon bridge and took pictures of the sunset over the water. We then went to the Saturday night walking street and bought a few more things before stopping at CJ for a few quick things before coming home.
We had a wonderful day and I’m so glad I was able to get some things that will really help to make my house a home without the watching/judging eyes of those who live around me. I should have taken pictures of my purchases, but guess you’ll just have to pick them out when I give you the tour of my house if I ever get to it J


No comments:

Post a Comment