Thursday, December 5, 2013

My Handprint Tree


with the third grade class
Yesterday I took my last few sheets of paper to school for the tree and went to the kindergarten and got their little hands with their fingers together to make the star, then I took the final green sheets and a red one to complete the tree. Last night, I cut out all of the hands, and after the students were released this afternoon, I came home and glued all of the hands onto the paper. A few students came over and helped put the glue on the back as I placed the hands where I wanted them.

tracing hands
I think it turned out pretty good, what do you think? The light green hands are from the foreigners I have bible study with on Sunday nights, the yellow star is from the kindergarten, the red are from a third grade class, and the green ones are from everyone, students, teachers, and others from the community. What a wonderful combination of the hands of the people I love in this community to celebrate the Christmas season of Love J



they each wrote their name on their handprint so I would know
who it was from and so they could find it if they came to my house and looked at the tree


the finished tree

showing off my hard work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment