Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas at Jordan Church


The bible institute performed, here's the angel
telling Mary Jesus is coming
There are two churches in my community, the Sangkla church and the Jordan church. After checking out both of them I have decided to attend the Sangkla church most of the time as more of the service is in Thai, it starts earlier, and there are more students that go there. Plus, it is where most of the foreigners go and I just enjoy that service more than at the Jordan church. However, the Sangkla church had their Christmas on Christmas day, and the Jordan’s was today and it was kind of expected that I go, plus I wanted to see what Christmas was like at the churches here. Turns out the Christmas service was a lot of singing specials, I would say there were at least ten different groups that performed, including the schools choir, the group from the bible institute I taught at, and many groups from the church. There was a message, followed by more singing. When the service was over there was a big dinner outside and they handed out bars of soap as presents to everyone. I sat with the doctor from Burma and his family, as well as an American couple that I attend Sunday evening bible study with and have gotten to know a little bit. Overall it was a good service, a wonderful meal and great company. You can’t complain about any of those things. How blessed I am to be taking part in these things in this community, sharing and growing with them.
the shepherds had bamboo poles that were tied so they
were bent, very creative.




the choir performing

this group was from Norway I believe, but were only here for a
 few weeks as their mom was doing research

No comments:

Post a Comment