Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Biblical Tree


This morning after morning devotions at school, the principal told me he wanted to show me a biblical tree. He tries to speak English with me every day to be an example for the teachers, and to improve his English. He told me the tree was from Genesis 2:12, an aromatic resin tree. He opened his Thai/English bible and showed me the verse. Then, we walked to right in front of the office of the school and there was this big tree that I’ve seen every day, but never took a second look at it. He said that this tree was here before the school was, and it is over 50 years old. He told me there is another one a little smaller behind the kitchen area. He also said the aromatic resin tree is the symbol of our school.
Who ever knew a tree could be so important and have so much meaning/history for a place? Now I want to do a study on the aromatic resin tree, but I haven’t had the opportunity yet. Is it other places in the bible, is it mentioned just the one time? Why was it important enough to be mentioned in the bible? What is it used for? Guess I have a new personal assignment for myself if I ever get time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment