Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Cleaning Crew


sweeping and mopping
Yesterday and today about 7 students showed up on my doorstep saying a teacher had assigned them to do good deeds for people and get their notebook signed. So, I asked them what they wanted to do. Both days they got right to work sweeping my house, then mopping it, while others washed my dishes, and then today they scrubbed my bathroom. I don’t think there was any part of it that stayed dry, walls, floor, everything. They were so happy while doing it. I think they had more fun scrubbing my bathroom than most kids in the US do taking a bath.

washing my dishes
cleaning the bathroom. I've never seen so much
laughter and smiles while cleaning. They
loved that I let them use some bathroom cleaner.
After they cleaned yesterday I let them do puzzles and play games that I had brought from home and put in a basket for kids to play with. We played at least 15 games of old maid until I finally told them I had work to do and they needed to leave after they had been here for 2 hours.  They then went to the next teacher’s house and did work for them.

making Christmas cards. Give me your address
if you would like me to send you one.
Today, I asked them to make Christmas cards for me to send to people back home. So, they got right to work and made about 20 cards. They are so cute, some are backwards, some I’m not sure where I’ll be able to write messages at, one has Adam and Eve on the front of it, and one has what I think is a moon drinking something with a hat on that looks like an umbrella. Last year I bought Thai Christmas cards to send home, this year I wasn’t sure if I would be able to get anywhere that sells Christmas cards. So, I figured people would enjoy getting cards made by Thai students. Send me your address and I’ll get one on its way to you J



No comments:

Post a Comment