Tuesday, November 26, 2013

New Bike


Tonight as I was trying out Zumba for the first time with my door shut and locked I heard someone outside talking. So, I opened the door, and there was my school manager, with a brand new bike for me in the back of his truck. They had taken me to buy one the first week, and I tried to get them to give me someone’s old one because I don’t need everything brand new. I’m not sure exactly what was going on, if they couldn’t get the bike fixed, or if it was going to be too expensive, etc… However, now I have a brand new bike. It is a very typical Thai bike, with a seat for a passenger on the back. I haven’t ridden it yet, but I’m sure I will often as to go to the market and begin to explore my new community.

I couldn’t help but be amazed at the timing, with Thanksgiving coming in a few days. What a blessing it will be, and something I can be thankful for as I will now be able to provide for myself better as I can go and get food and supplies that are available here. I will also be able to exercise and go places in my community that are beyond walking distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment