Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Little Flooding


in front of the second and first grade building
Today after I finished teaching the fourth period, and my final class for the day, I went to the office, and soon after a downpour started. There had been thunder while I was teaching, and the power flickered a few times, but it waited to start until I was in the office helping a teacher translate names into English on certificates to hand out on Saturday. It just started pouring, being one who loves the sound of rain I was really enjoying it. They announced over the loudspeaker for students to not play in the rain and to go into their classes. However, about 15 minutes later when I went out to see the rain there were kids playing in several places. They were catching frogs and putting them in the streams, others told me it was flooding in front of the sixth grade building and I should go and look at it. It really wasn’t flooding into the classroom, but there was more water than the trenches there could hold. Here are a few pictures I took of the water.

a child catching a frog
About an hour after it started, it slowed down. It was announced that they would still be competing in preparation for sports day next week after school. So, I came home and changed my clothes into something that could get wet, and went and watched them play until around 4:30 in the rain that had turned into just a sprinkle. They really seemed to enjoy playing in the rain. It didn’t seem to faze the students at all, but that didn’t stop me from using my umbrella the whole time.


the rain coming out of the spout, and kids
looking for frogs


this boy wanted his picture taken, so why not
put him on the blog?

the path I take to get to my house was a little flooded too

the frog I found in my kitchen after the flood

No comments:

Post a Comment