Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Human Monkey


You never know what you are going to encounter here in Thailand, or what amazing feats the people are going to be able to do. Today after school I came out and this guy who is kind of like the janitor but takes care of all sorts of things around the school was up in a tree getting down this type of nut I would call it. They call the nut “mat” and they chew it like gum. I tried it once and it was awful. I told them it was going to make me puke and they laughed at how well I pronounced the word for puke in Thai. Then I was allowed to go and spit it out.

Anyways, this guy had climbed up the tree just like a monkey and was picking the nuts in bunches and dropping them down. He climbed at least 3 different trees before he said he was too tired to climb the next one. I was so impressed by his climbing skills. Later in the day I saw a child practicing climbing a tent pole with the same technique. The child was maybe five or six years old and made it to the top and was swinging from the cross beam.



he caught me taking this one and smiled

No comments:

Post a Comment