Saturday, November 23, 2013

English Paper Piecing


Mai Pai working on my paper piecing
Here’s an update on my English paper piecing. As of today I have 7 almost 8 flowers completed. This evening after using the internet, I was watching students practice volleyball for some upcoming competition, and working on paper piecing. One of my students Mai Pai who has fairly good English because he lives at a children’s home where they have a lot of foreign volunteers came over to talk to me. From the first time he saw me working on it he has always asked if/told me I was making the blanket for him. We joked that he was going to help me work on it, then he took it from me and did it almost perfectly. I seriously think there is nothing this kid can’t do. After doing a few sides with me turning the corners and changing the thread, he got to a point where the thread got into a knot and then he wouldn’t touch it again afraid he had broken it and would break it again. While we were sitting there talking I found out more about him and where he has come from. I don’t feel like I should share it on here, but I will say that as I’m getting to know my students and this area more. I’m finding that there are many many students who live in children’s homes for one reason or another. Please pray for them as God is working in their lives and providing for them, and for me that I would be able to pour love on them and connect with them, as well as teach them not only English, but about their Father who loves them.

This is how far I am right now
Oops, I guess this didn’t turn out to be about my paper piecing… However, here is a picture of the ones that I have done so far, the one is just one piece away from having 8 completed. As I laid them out and showed Mai Pai how many I had done and told him that it had been 3 weeks since I’d been working on it he told me I would need much longer than a year to finish it for him. Always joking with me that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment