Monday, November 11, 2013

An Unwelcome Guest

This evening when I came up to my room to get ready to take a shower, I turned on my light and saw THIS in the corner of my room. After about a ten minute stare down between the spider and I as I was trying to figure out what to do, I decided to kill it myself. I didn’t want to risk going to get someone and having it disappear. I don’t think I would have been able to sleep if it got away and I knew it was in my bedroom while I was trying to sleep. So, I got a book, and took a careful whack. It ran away, at first I thought it was going to go out the door, but it went and stopped before it got to my dresser. So, I took another whack and it ran behind the dresser. Thinking it was gone, I started to worry about how I was going to get it out. However, it then quickly showed up on the wall on the other side of the dresser. Knowing this was maybe my final chance at getting it, I pulled the book back, aimed and quickly whacked the book against the wall with all of my might. The spider crumpled on the floor, and I put the book on top of it. After taking a few seconds to catch my breath and let my heart slow down, I went downstairs and unlocked my door. The neighbor across the way asked what was wrong. I said there was a spider, but it I already killed it but needed someone to come take care of it. So, he sent his daughter over who is a teacher at my school and about a year younger than me. She asked for a broom, took it upstairs, and asked where the spider was. I pointed to the book, and she picked it up and handed it to me, spider guts and all. As I wiped the guts off with a tissue, she swept the spider out the room and down the steps, then out the front door. I thanked her, then came back in and took a shower. As she left, she told me they have spiders much bigger than that at their house. I’m hoping that they keep the big spiders over at their house and don’t let them come and visit me anymore J


2 comments:

  1. And you chase down bats in the church while I hide in the corner...I never knew that spiders were your kriptonite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one was really big and in my bedroom. I have a big spider over my front door I'm completely fine with. I also have a foot long lizard that I've seen twice in the downstairs and clean up its poop daily. It was more the idea of if it didn't die I would have to sleep with it in my room. Then it ran so quick I was afraid it would get away. Next time I see one I'll catch it and mail it to you :)

    ReplyDelete