Sunday, November 17, 2013

To make a house a home

Last night we went to the walking street market in Sangklaburi. I was able to buy some food to eat today and some things to cook for later in the week. After a while I found that we were just sitting and waiting for the children to play in a bounce house. I had really been hoping to find several things that I need for my house, but we hadn’t come across them. So, as we were sitting and waiting I saw a 20 Baht store across the street, which is basically a dollar store where everything is less than 20 Baht. I told the lady I was sitting with I was going to go looking for a few minutes, and 15 minutes later I came back with a big bag of things that will help me move in and feel comfortable in my new place. Look at the picture and see all that I bought for about $7. While there are still many things that I still need and would like, getting these things will help me be more patient in waiting for the chance to buy the others. Its amazing what a simple $7 can do for one’s spirits two weeks into living in a new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment